More
    HomeNewsTwo feared dead over Ayedaade stool in Osun

    Two feared dead over Ayedaade stool in Osun

    *Houses, property destroyed

    Published on

    spot_img

    Two persons were feared dead as the tussle over Araromi-Owu stool in Ayedaade local government area of Osun State took a dangerous dimension in the community.

    What started like a disagreement  earlier in the week has as now snowballed into full blown crisis on Tuesday with razing of cars by aggrieved parties in the tussle.

    A resident in the community, Ismail Olaoye, also disclosed that mercenaries hired by the aggrieved party barricaded the access road with burn fire and also preventing the security operatives from gaining access.

    It was also gathered that some hoodlums attacked a batch of security operatives deployed to the community inflicting injuries on some personnel.

    Another resident, who pleaded anonymity disclosed that five persons have been killed in the crisis while houses and cars were set ablaze by the rampaging hoodlums on the ground that the monarch-designate for the community is not qualified.

    “The aggrieved group were laying claim to the throne of the community when another person has been appointed and was in seclusion already. This sparked the violent protest for days before it degenerated into crisis”, the source added.

    Confirming the incident, the Osun police command spokesperson, SP Yemisi Opalola said mobile police force has been deployed to the town along with special police unit to restore peace.

    READ ALSO:Senate passes minimum wage bill from N30,000 to N70,000

    READ ALSO:Refinery: Minister of Petroleum hosts crucial meeting with Dangote, NMDPRA, NUPRC, NNPC leadership

    Also speaking, the Special Adviser to Osun State Governor on Security, Barrister Samuel Ojo said only two casualties have been recorded not five as claimed by some sources.

    He said the crisis would have been brutal if not for government intervention since some days ago.

    “We have intervened into the situation since five days ago and manage that it does not become very brutal. Only two persons have been killed not five and presently, all the heads of security outfit in the state are already aware and working to restore law and order in the community”, he added.

     

     

    Kindly share this story:

    Contact: [email protected]

    Stay informed!
    Follow us on: X.com: @TheReporter2024
    Follow us on: Facebook: TheReporterNigeria
    WhatsApp for breaking news, updates and exclusive content. Don't miss a headline – Click below to join now!
    WHATSAPP

    Latest articles

    Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, NNPCL Board, appoints Engr Ojulari as new GCEO

    President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved a sweeping reconstitution of the Nigerian National Petroleum...

    Nigerian pilgrims to enjoy better services as lawmakers approve Hajj reforms

    By Ishola Balogun In a bold move to address the plight of Nigerian pilgrims, the...

    Okpebholo visits Kano, vows justice for burnt travelers

    Edo State Governor, Monday Okpebholo, visited Kano State to pay his condolences to the...

    Eid-el-Fitr: DWC Int’l Resources hails partners, clients

    As The Muslim community celebrates Eid, DWC International Resources has extended warm greetings to...

    More like this

    Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, NNPCL Board, appoints Engr Ojulari as new GCEO

    President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved a sweeping reconstitution of the Nigerian National Petroleum...

    Nigerian pilgrims to enjoy better services as lawmakers approve Hajj reforms

    By Ishola Balogun In a bold move to address the plight of Nigerian pilgrims, the...

    Okpebholo visits Kano, vows justice for burnt travelers

    Edo State Governor, Monday Okpebholo, visited Kano State to pay his condolences to the...