More
    HomeBusiness NewsPropertyPolice confirm Abuja building collapse; say five rescued, no fatalities

    Police confirm Abuja building collapse; say five rescued, no fatalities

    Published on

    spot_img

    The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command has confirmed the collapse of a building in Vidaz Estate, Sabon Lugbe extension, Abuja.

    According to the police, the incident left five individuals trapped and later rescued from the debris.

    In a statement by SP Josephine Adeh, the Police Public Relations Officer, the police said no fatalities had been reported in the incident.

    Surprisingly, she revealed that the building had originally been demolished by FCT authorities due to its location in an illegally acquired area.

    However, the structure was compromised a second time due to scavengers tampering with it for scrap metal, which ultimately led to its secondary collapse.

    The FCT Police urged the public to observe boundaries around demolished structures and construction sites to prevent similar incidents.

    Adeh also emphasized the importance of staying away from unstable structures to ensure public safety.

    She said, “The Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Police Command has confirmed the collapse of a building situated in Vidaz Estate, within the Sabon Lugbe extension, FCT. Preliminary investigations reveal that the building was previously demolished by the FCT Authorities due to its location in an illegally acquired area.

    “The structure was further compromised by scavengers who had been tampering with the remnants for scrap metal, ultimately leading to its secondary collapse.

    “A total of five individuals were successfully rescued from the debris, and there were no reported fatalities.

    “In light of this incident, the public is urged to respect the boundaries of demolished structures and construction sites to ensure their safety and prevent similar occurrences in the future.”

    Kindly share this story:

    Contact: [email protected]

    Stay informed!
    Follow us on: X.com: @TheReporter2024
    Follow us on: Facebook: TheReporterNigeria
    WhatsApp for breaking news, updates and exclusive content. Don't miss a headline – Click below to join now!
    WHATSAPP

    Latest articles

    Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, NNPCL Board, appoints Engr Ojulari as new GCEO

    President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved a sweeping reconstitution of the Nigerian National Petroleum...

    Nigerian pilgrims to enjoy better services as lawmakers approve Hajj reforms

    By Ishola Balogun In a bold move to address the plight of Nigerian pilgrims, the...

    Okpebholo visits Kano, vows justice for burnt travelers

    Edo State Governor, Monday Okpebholo, visited Kano State to pay his condolences to the...

    Eid-el-Fitr: DWC Int’l Resources hails partners, clients

    As The Muslim community celebrates Eid, DWC International Resources has extended warm greetings to...

    More like this

    Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, NNPCL Board, appoints Engr Ojulari as new GCEO

    President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved a sweeping reconstitution of the Nigerian National Petroleum...

    Nigerian pilgrims to enjoy better services as lawmakers approve Hajj reforms

    By Ishola Balogun In a bold move to address the plight of Nigerian pilgrims, the...

    Okpebholo visits Kano, vows justice for burnt travelers

    Edo State Governor, Monday Okpebholo, visited Kano State to pay his condolences to the...