More
    HomeNewsPolitics & GovernanceP/H HELICOPTER CRASH: Divers searching for remaining bodies – Keyamo

    P/H HELICOPTER CRASH: Divers searching for remaining bodies – Keyamo

    Published on

    spot_img

    Following the helicopter crash in Port Harcourt that involved eight persons, Minister of Aviation and Aerospace Development, Mr Festus Keyamo, Friday, said the divers deployed to the scene are still searching for the remaining bodies.

    Although three bodies, according to the Ministry of Aviation and Aerospace Development, had been discovered yesterday, Keyamo, in a post on X, said divers were still looking for the remaining bodies.

    Keyamo stated: “This is just to update the public that the divers deployed to the scene of the helicopter crash yesterday at the Atlantic Ocean, near Bonny Finima, off the coast of Calabar, during a routine flight are still at work to find the remaining bodies and the wreckage. The ministry will be making a more comprehensive press statement as soon as we achieve some breakthrough.”

    READ ALSO: CHOGM Trip: Foreign object hits, damages Shettima’s plane at JFK Airport, New York

    READ ALSO:Helicopter crash: Tinubu directs intensification of search, rescue for victims

    READ ALSO: Hardship: Omotola calls for private sector-led growth in Nigeria

    Recall that Head Press and Public Relations of the Ministry, Mr Odutayo Oluseyi, yesterday, stated: “The Nigerian Safety Investigation Bureau, NSIB, has been notified and emergency response teams were immediately activated, and search and rescue operations are ongoing with the support of the Nigerian Search and Rescue Unit, the Nigerian Civil Aviation Authority, NCAA, the National Safety Investigation Bureau, NSIB, and other relevant agencies. Neighbouring aerodromes have also been notified for support.

    “While no Emergency Locator Transmitter, ELT, signal was received, manual efforts to plot the location of the accident are underway, and all available resources, including the military and low-flying aircraft, have been deployed to assist in locating and rescuing any survivor(s). So far, three bodies have been recovered.”

    Kindly share this story:

    Contact: [email protected]

    Stay informed!
    Follow us on: X.com: @TheReporter2024
    Follow us on: Facebook: TheReporterNigeria
    WhatsApp for breaking news, updates and exclusive content. Don't miss a headline – Click below to join now!
    WHATSAPP

    Latest articles

    Coronation ceremony of Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Abimbola Akeem Owoade *See photos and videos

    The official installation of the Alaafin of Oyo His Imperial Majesty, Oba Abimbola Akeem...

    NAHCON and the Centrifugal Forces Part 1

    By Abdulfattah Abdussalam  …The only recognized entity to execute pilgrimage to Makkah and Madinah on...

    Ojulari takes over from Kyari as new GCEO of NNPCL

    The new Group Chief Executive Officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited, NNPC...

    More like this

    Coronation ceremony of Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Abimbola Akeem Owoade *See photos and videos

    The official installation of the Alaafin of Oyo His Imperial Majesty, Oba Abimbola Akeem...

    NAHCON and the Centrifugal Forces Part 1

    By Abdulfattah Abdussalam  …The only recognized entity to execute pilgrimage to Makkah and Madinah on...