More
    HomeBusiness NewsPropertyHow over 500 'Baban Bola' caused demolished Abuja building to collapse ---...

    How over 500 ‘Baban Bola’ caused demolished Abuja building to collapse — Official

    Published on

    spot_img

    ABUJA: The Department of Development Control in the Federal Capital Territory Administration FCTA has dismissed as mere propaganda, reports of Saturday night’s collapsed building in Sabon Lugbe area of the territory which allegedly had over 40 persons trapped in the rubble.

    Director of the department, Mukhtar Galadima in an explanatory note on Sunday said the building had already been demolished and that scavengers, popularly known as “Baban Bola” had invaded the site in a bid to scavenge iron rods, when remaining part of the demolished structure caved in.

    He said; “This is to bring to the notice of the Department that the media publication with respect to collapse of a multi-storey building in Lugbe is just a propaganda.

    “The subject building is within the site currently under demolition and the subject structure was an uncompleted building which was demolished on Thursday.

    “Information gathered is that the site recorded mass influx of scavengers (over 500) in number pulling down and carting away remains of iron rods. Their activities triggered the remains of a demolished slab to fall on them”.

     

    Kindly share this story:

    Contact: [email protected]

    Stay informed!
    Follow us on: X.com: @TheReporter2024
    Follow us on: Facebook: TheReporterNigeria
    WhatsApp for breaking news, updates and exclusive content. Don't miss a headline – Click below to join now!
    WHATSAPP

    Latest articles

    Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, NNPCL Board, appoints Engr Ojulari as new GCEO

    President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved a sweeping reconstitution of the Nigerian National Petroleum...

    Nigerian pilgrims to enjoy better services as lawmakers approve Hajj reforms

    By Ishola Balogun In a bold move to address the plight of Nigerian pilgrims, the...

    Okpebholo visits Kano, vows justice for burnt travelers

    Edo State Governor, Monday Okpebholo, visited Kano State to pay his condolences to the...

    Eid-el-Fitr: DWC Int’l Resources hails partners, clients

    As The Muslim community celebrates Eid, DWC International Resources has extended warm greetings to...

    More like this

    Breaking: Tinubu sacks Kyari, NNPCL Board, appoints Engr Ojulari as new GCEO

    President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has approved a sweeping reconstitution of the Nigerian National Petroleum...

    Nigerian pilgrims to enjoy better services as lawmakers approve Hajj reforms

    By Ishola Balogun In a bold move to address the plight of Nigerian pilgrims, the...

    Okpebholo visits Kano, vows justice for burnt travelers

    Edo State Governor, Monday Okpebholo, visited Kano State to pay his condolences to the...